Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT)
Organisation: Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT)
Salary: £19,899 pro rata
Hours: Part Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Fri 04 January 13
Contact email: email@example.com
Our vision: A sustainable Peterborough
Our mission: To lead and support the city in establishing itself as the UK’s Environment Capital – an exemplar of how to deliver truly sustainable growth in order to improve the overall quality of life of its people, communities and environment.
We think sustainable development is the only option for the future. That’s why since we were founded in 1992 our work has helped create a cleaner, greener, healthier, more sustainable Peterborough – the UK’s Environment Capital.
Purpose of role:
Peterborough Environment City Trust’s Communities Team is an expanding Team that delivers a variety of environmental projects involving the community. This role will involve managing the RiverCare project and be responsible for empowering local communities to volunteer to form RiverCare groups across Peterborough. In a very practical way the project communicates the connection between water use in the home and our local water ways. The groups clean up their local riverbanks, enhance habitats and reduce water consumption. RiverCare is an exciting partnership between Keep Britain Tidy, Anglian Water and the Environment Agency.
Employer: Peterborough Environment City Trust (PECT)
Based: This position will be based at Peterborough Environment City Trust’s offices: The Green House, 4-6 Cowgate, Peterborough, PE1 1NA.
Salary (per annum pro rata): £19,899 pro rata
Closing Date: 4th January 2013
Start Date: As soon as possible
End Date: Friday 27th September 2013
Hours/Week: (tbc) currently 3 days a week but potentially full time, subject to funding.
Reports to: Communities Team Leader
1. Responsible for the successful delivery of the RiverCare project plan.
2. Responsible for the delivery and evaluation of key performance indicators as agreed by partners
3. Preparing and delivering monthly progress reports to the project steering group
4. Forming new and maintaining existing partnerships with organisations and community groups
5. Building on the success of year one, support the volunteer group leaders to continue their activity and to grow the number of their core members.
6. Engaging and supporting the groups with activities such as undertaking and preparing risk assessments, organising events, devising strategies to help them reduce domestic water usage in their own neighbourhoods
7. Recording the number of volunteer hours undertaken
8. Prepare materials and surveys for the ‘Water Challenge’ initiative
9. Promote and trial the Anglian Water Drop 20 campaign with each of the Rivercare Groups
10. Undertake litter recording surveys with each group
11. Developing the capacity for RiverCare groups to undetake biodiversity surveying and habitat enhancement work with relevant local organisations
12. Writing reports and/or claims as required by funders, sponsors and partners
13. Supporting the Marketing and Communications Manager in project promotion
14. Getting involved in other Communities Team projects activities where necessary
15. Managing project budgets.
16. Supporting development, including fund raising, and delivery of new communities team projects
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent project management skills
Excellent organisational and time management skills, ability to manage projects and prioritise a wide range of tasks and organise work effectively to a tight schedule
Ability to motivate and inspire others, encouraging people to take action or change behaviour
Enthusiasm for and understanding of environmental/sustainable development issues
IT literate in Microsoft software
Ability to travel throughout Peterborough, willingness to use sustainable modes of transport when suitable
Ability carry out job which involves a lot of walking and some lifting/carrying
Experience of budget management
Experience of working with communities
To apply: Please follow the ‘More information’ link below for an application form and further information. There is no age requirement with this post.
Please note that a CRB check will be required.
If you have any questions about this role please contact Maxine Palmer on 01733 866443.
(Publicado no http://www.environmentjob.co.uk 14-12-12)
[Se desejar manter-se informado sobre as oportunidades de emprego que surgem diariamente na área do Ambiente e Gestão de Recursos Naturais, siga a página "NaturJobs" que a Naturlink criou no Facebook em http://facebook.com/NaturJobs e no Twitter em http://twitter.com/NaturJobs]