IUCN Species Survival Commission, Bath (Reino Unido)
Organisation: IUCN Species Survival Commission
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Fri 28 October 11
Contact name: Rachel Roberts
Contact telephone: 01225 388 501
Contact email: email@example.com
The IUCN Species Survival Commission is seeking an intern to help implement a rapidly-growing workload in its team based in Bath, UK. This is a varied role which will require the ability to juggle tasks and be flexible according to the evolving work demands of the office.
1. Provide general support to the Chair and Executive Assistant and to the everyday running of the SSC office, including financial reporting (specifically monthly expenses).
2. Assist with text profiles for the Amazing Species website and cataloguing of images.
3. Assist the Development Director with donor management, assistance with drafting proposals/fundraising documents, proofreading and research, assistance with due diligence/risk assessment procedures, design and layout.
4. Assist with the organisation of meetings and workshops, some of which will be held in international venues and will involve large numbers of attendees from the conservation sector.
5. Assist with the preparation of communication products and materials required for meetings and workshops, and minute taking at the latter as required.
6. General assistance with some of the IUCN Red List assessment work.
7. Assist with appointing SSC members.
8. Respond to general email enquiries and requests for information.
9. Any other duties as agreed by the Chair and Executive Assistant of the SSC.
•Under-graduate Degree (BA or BSc) in an environmental/biological/ecological/ conservation science
Particular Skills required:
•Excellent writing and verbal skills in English
•Flexibility to cope with changing priorities and tasks
•Ability to work independently and as part of a team
•Proven ability to take initiative, make sensible judgements and process information quickly and efficiently
•Sensitive to working with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
•Proficient in the use of standard Microsoft Office computer programmes
•Demonstrated passion for conservation and the environment
•Experience in creative design packages
•Website design skills
•Working knowledge of another IUCN language (French/Spanish) or other
We are specifically looking for an individual who is committed to conservation and the environment, and is hoping to gain experience for a long-term career in this sector. The post will be for initially 6 months with a view to extend for a further 6 months. The start date will be early November 2011. The successful applicant will be based at the SSC office in Bath, UK, but may be required to travel internationally to fulfil the requirements of this position.
Please send your C.V and cover letter to Rachel Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org).
(Publicado em http://www.environmentjob.co.uk/ a 27-09-11)
[Se desejar manter-se informado sobre as oportunidades de emprego que surgem diariamente na área do Ambiente e Gestão de Recursos Naturais, siga a página "NaturJobs" que a Naturlink criou no Twitter em http://twitter.com/NaturJobs]